At UMC New Orleans, we are committed in providing excellent care to patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Our Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinic is dedicated to teach and educate patients about their disease and to help individuals make informed and proactive choices about their care.
We believe that every IBD patient deserves comprehensive care from a multidisciplinary team. Our multidisciplinary team includes experts in adult gastroenterology, surgery, pathology, radiology, nutrition, psychiatry, and other disciplines.
Services provided include:
- Expert opinions on the medical and surgical management of IBD
- Advanced endoscopy to assess the extent and severity of IBD
- Chromoendoscopy for colorectal cancer surveillance in IBD
- Expert pathology review of surgical and endoscopic samples
- Advanced imaging technologies for the assessment of IBD location, severity and complications
- Expert surgical interventions ranging from minimally invasive to complex surgical procedures
- Nutrition consultation for dietary, enteral and parenteral nutrition management
The IBD Clinic accepts patients by gastroenterologist referral only. Call the IBD Clinic at 504-810-2073 to refer a patient. The clinic is available to take your call 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. You may also call (504) 702-5700 to speak with a Patient Access representative. A representative is available to take your call 24/7.