Built to Inspire and Heal
Designed to support a healing environment, UMC New Orleans’ attractive and functional attributes put patient experience and outcomes first.
- Rich colors and modern design throughout the hospital create a comforting and healing atmosphere.
- Patient rooms feature large windows, offering those seeking treatment (and their visitors) natural light and scenic views of the city.
- Hospital walls feature filigree patterns, resembling classic New Orleans design and architecture
- Hospital grounds feature a serene reflecting pool and vibrant landscaping
- Behavioral health rooms are equipped with color-adjusting lighting for mood support
ATMs are available for patients, visitors and staff in several locations throughout the UMC New Orleans campus.
- First floor: Corridor across from PJ’s Coffee (near Patient Tower 3) and the lobby information desk (near Patient Tower 1)
- Second floor: Emergency Department waiting area (next to Triage 6)
- First floor: Near the Walgreens Outpatient Pharmacy
The new Rudiger's Gift Shop & Boutique is located on the first floor of the Hospital near Patient Tower 1. Rudiger's offers a wide variety of items, including toiletries, greeting cards, candles, candy and gum, trendy clothes, purses and jewelry. The store features a dressing room and complimentary gift wrapping. Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., and weekends 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
There are vending machines in three locations on our campus.
- First floor, cafeteria area
- Second floor, near the Emergency Department looking over the Atrium
Wi-Fi Internet Access
UMC has a guest Wi-Fi system for our patients and their family members. To gain access from your mobile device:
- Select UMCGuest in your Wi-Fi connection options.
- Open your web browser and click
- “Accept” on the disclaimer screen.