UMC Conference Center Services
Offering meeting spaces for residents in the New Orleans community
UMC New Orleans is committed to supporting its academic and research mission and to improving the health of the community. We support this commitment by making meeting space available for educational and informational activities for our staff, learners, healthcare affiliates, and partners. This space is also available to community groups for educational and informational programming that serves the public interest. For more information, call 504.702.4900.
UMC offers the temporary use of conference rooms as specifically designated in our hospital, located at 2000 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70112. Conference Rooms are designed to meet general needs for activities such as classes, lectures, discussion groups, panels, seminars, luncheons and conferences.
Please note that Conference Center room use is based on availability. UMC, its academic partners and LCMC Health and affiliated hospitals have priority. Community organizations and groups may rent conference rooms (pending availability) for events such as educational meetings and public health-related activities in keeping with UMC’s Mission & Vision.
UMC does not allow use of its meeting facilities for commercial, political or social activities or functions.
Reservations are required for all Conference Center rooms at UMC. A link to an online reservation form is available here. UMC also accepts reservation requests by phone to 504.702.4900 between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Conference room requests must be completed at least two weeks and no more six months in advance. Groups may schedule meeting space up to two consecutive days and up to 3 consecutive weeks prior to the event. Upon receiving a meeting room request, UMC will provide the group with a Conference Room Rental Agreement and Conference Room Request and Regulation Form.
Reservations are considered tentative until all forms are completed and applicable fees are paid (See next section for fee information). The Conference Center Manager will notify the group’s representative once the reservation is confirmed.
Conference room rental fees
UMC’s Conference Center fees are based on seating requirements for a half day (up to four hours) or full day (up to eight hours). Facility fees include use of the approved space, room set-up, use of in-room audio/visual equipment and janitorial services following the event.
Rates for conference center rooms are charged by the number of occupants, such as:
- Up to 50 – Half day at $350 and full day at $500
- Up to 75 – Half day at $400 and full day at $750
- Up to 100 – Half day at $500 and full day at $1,000
- Up to 200 – Half day at $1,000 and full day at $2,000
- Up to 300 – Half day at $1,500 and full day at $3,000
- Up to 400 – Half day at $2,000 and full day at $4,000
Rental fee waivers
In some cases, UMC will waive the rental fee or offer a discounted rate depending on the organizations using the room. UMC's Conference Center is not available to hospitals other than LCMC Health affiliates.
The rental fee is waived for:
- Meetings hosted by UMC and LCMC Health affiliates, provided our learners, residents, physician partners, and/or staff are invited attendees for the event
- Classes, meetings, lectures hosted by UMC’s academic partners, providing the educational programming is being offered to our learners
- Government agencies for informational or instructional meetings provided they are open to the community
Your group could be eligible for a discount if used for:
- Local civic associations and non-profit (501c3) organizations hosting informational or educational events. These groups will receive a 50% discount.
Outside organizations receiving a rental fee waiver or discount will be charged a $150 maintenance fee for use of UMC Conference Rooms. This fee covers room setup, breakdown and cleaning.
UMC Conference Rooms are available in standard configurations as listed below. Additional configurations are available upon request, however, UMC will assess setup and breakdown fees for all reconfiguration requests or changes.
These rooms are setup as:
- Conference Room C – Auditorium setting (chairs only) for 100 occupants
- Conference Room F – Auditorium setting (chairs only) for 100 occupants
- Conference Room G – Boardroom setting (tables and chairs) for 50 occupants, or a U-shaped room (tables and chairs) suitable for 39 occupants
- Conference Room J – Auditorium setting (chairs only) for 72 occupants
- Classroom A, B, D & E – Classroom settings (chairs only) for 20 occupants each
Change order fee schedule
While changes can be made to a reservation in the conference center, advance notice is required in order to avoid incurring a fee.
Late changes will require a change order fee of:
- $150.00 for requests received within 3 days of planned event
- $225.00 for requests received within 2 business days of planned event
- $300.00 for requests received within 1 business day of planned event
Conference center hours
The Conference Center is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., with rooms available for reservation from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. or on Saturday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. for an additional fee of $200. This charge applies even if the room rental is waived or discounted.
All meetings must be concluded within their allotted times. Rentals include 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the scheduled meeting time for setup and breakdown. UMC will charge an extra $25 per every 15 minutes over this allotted time.
For events taking place Monday–Friday from 6:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., all catering and table linen must be ordered through Aramark—UMC’s in-house caterer. No outside food is allowed during these hours and all billing is handled directly with Aramark. Alcoholic beverages may be served for evening or weekend events and will also need to be ordered through Aramark.
A limited number of pre-paid parking spots in the UMC garage are available if paid in advance with all of the event fees. Please consult the Conference Center staff for information about pre-paid parking for your event. Parking can also be paid in person in the garage upon exiting. No validated parking will be available on the day of the event.
Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance of the conference date to receive a refund of advanced payment. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than 72 hours.
Hospital grounds, including outside property and courtyards on the UMC campus, are not available for meetings or special events without approval from Hospital Administration.
UMC is a smoke-free facility. Smoking, vaping, and smokeless tobacco are not allowed in any area of the meeting facility, hospital, or grounds including parking areas.
Equipment or exhibits
Advance approval is required for any electronic equipment brought into the facility. No nails, tacks, tape of any type of adhesive may be placed on doors, walls, ceilings of furniture. Easels and signs are permitted on the exterior of the Conference Center but may not block the corridors. UMC does not provide easels.
For the comfort of our patients and staff, all noise levels including music and conversation must be kept at an acceptable level and not disturb the medical center’s daily operations.
Security is not provided for with conference room rental.