Training the next generation of healthcare providers
University Medical Center New Orleans gives students a springboard to an ever-widening array of health-related professions. University Medical Center hosts learners from our partner institutions who are enrolled in a variety of medical training programs, including residencies, internships and fellowships. Through a culture of integrity and academic excellence at University Medical Center New Orleans, trainees emerge with world-class clinical knowledge and experience, prepared to provide exceptional patient-centric care and pursue their professional mission.
Our medical school affiliations include:
- LSU Health New Orleans – LSU Health New Orleans exists to educate students, care for patients, and discover new treatments and advancements. For these purposes, we ensure a continuous supply of trained Louisiana health care professionals who will train future generations of health care professionals, provide patient care to their communities, and lead in the discovery of medical and scientific breakthroughs. Click here to learn more about LSU Health New Orleans.
- Tulane University School of Medicine – One of the nation's most recognized centers for medical education, Tulane University School of Medicine is a vibrant center for education, research and public service. Tulane School of Medicine recruits top faculty, researchers and students from around the world, and pushes the boundaries of medicine with groundbreaking medical research and surgical advances. Click here to learn more about Tulane University School of Medicine.
Our nursing and allied health affiliations include:
- Xavier University of Louisiana – Xavier University of Louisiana, founded by Saint Katharine Drexel and the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, is Catholic and historically serves Black students. The ultimate purpose of the University is to contribute to the promotion of a more just and humane society by preparing its students to assume roles of leadership and service in a global society. This preparation takes place in a diverse learning and teaching environment that incorporates all relevant educational means, including research and community service. To learn more about Xavier University of Louisiana, click here.
- Delgado Community College – Delgado is a comprehensive community college and a major institution of higher education in Louisiana. It is a center for professional and advanced technology, career education, education in the arts and sciences, and traditional occupational education. From its original location on City Park Avenue, the College has expanded to include several sites across the Greater New Orleans area. To learn more about Delgado Community College, click here.
- Dillard University – Since 1869, Dillard University has been committed to providing students with a quality four-year liberal arts education. Dillard is a fully accredited private, historically black university. In 2010, U.S. News & World Report ranked Dillard among the nation’s Top 10 HBCUs, based on comprehensive undergraduate studies. Dillard also was awarded a Top 10 Ranking in 2010 for liberal arts schools in the social mobility category by Washington Monthly. To learn more about Dillard University, click here.
- The University of Holy Cross – The University of Holy Cross was founded in 1916 as a Ministry of the Marianites of Holy Cross, and was created to educate and prepare teachers for work in the many schools the Marianites were opening across South Louisiana. The University’s continued, unwavering connection to the beliefs of the Marianite Sisters and its roots in educating those who would eventually teach others are both part of the foundation that makes the OLHCC experience so special. To learn more about the University of Holy Cross, click here.
- Loyola University New Orleans – Loyola University New Orleans, a Jesuit and Catholic institution of higher education, welcomes students of diverse backgrounds and prepares them to lead meaningful lives with and for others; to pursue truth, wisdom, and virtue; and to work for a more just world. Inspired by Ignatius of Loyola's vision of finding God in all things, the university is grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, while also offering opportunities for professional studies in undergraduate and selected graduate programs. To learn more about Loyola University New Orleans, click here.
- Southern University at New Orleans – Southern University at New Orleans was founded in 1956 to expand academic opportunities for African-Americans. Today, SUNO still serves as a beacon for those looking for educational advancement in an environment that provides personal attention some students need for success. Our mission is to be one of America’s premier urban institutions of higher learning and to graduate students ready to contribute to our city and nation. To learn more about Southern University at New Orleans, click here.