Programs & Funds
DONATE to our General Foundation Fund supporting our area of greatest need, a Foundation Program or Fund below. Your support is personal. From those impacted by the pandemic, the patient that needs financial support through our Medication Bridge Program or the thousands of patients living their best lives through our medical research and education, your tax-deductible support of our life-changing services is truly impactful!
- Bariatric Program – Funding supports the programs and services of the multi-disciplinary team dedicated to helping our patients achieve their weight loss goals.
- Burn Center – This fund advances burn care in our community and region through burn related program development, including survivor care, outreach, education, burn research & conferences, and enhancement of the patient experience at University Medical Center.
- Cancer Center – The Cancer Center provides patients with a single location for clinic visits, treatment planning, surgical needs, chemotherapy infusion, and radiation oncology services offering a comprehensive approach to their cancer care.
- Forensics Program – Funding helps assist survivors of sexual assault and violence in New Orleans by providing 24/7 trauma informed care in a safe environment after an assault.
- General Foundation Fund – Unrestricted funds that the Foundation utilizes for the area of greatest need within its outreach, programs and services at University Medical Center.
- HIV Outpatient Program – Assists in the development and enrichment of care provided for people living with HIV by supporting patient needs that are essential to their care, engagement or retention at University Medical Center.
- Josh's Promise: Salt & Light - Joshua Solomon Charitable Fund - The fund aids in the development and enrichment of care provided for patients diagnosed with addiction and substance misuse disorders, who are indigent, under insured, or working uninsured.
- Medication Bridge Program – Donations purchase prescriptions, nutritional supplements, treatment supplies, respiratory equipment, durable medical supplies and transportation to and from clinic/treatment appointments for University Medical Center's patients that meet financial assistance requirements and social worker approval.
- Medical Research – These funds are available to LSU and Tulane Medical Schools to facilitate research that directly benefits our University Medical Center patients. See requirements and guidelines.
- Palliative Medicine – These funds aid in providing a comprehensive approach to improving the quality of life for people who are living with serious illnesses. Our team of doctors, social workers, and therapists will work collaboratively with a patient’s entire medical team and their families to provide medical, emotional and social support needed to cope with serious illness.
- Resident Education & Development – This program offers strong educational initiatives that directly impact University Medical Center's patient care while physicians in training from LSU and Tulane Medical Schools are positively impacted.
- Saints Fans Being Saints – Donations entertain the children of not only families affected by ALS, but also children with immediate family members that have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness or have succumbed to crisis or hardship. The purpose is to put a smile on the face of a child as their family member is undergoing adversity.
- Spiritual Care – Our team provides spiritual and emotional support to patients and their loved ones, as well as our hospital employees and volunteers as they cope with the emotional and spiritual impact of illness, injury, or crisis.
- Stop the Bleed – The Spirit of Charity Foundation is proud to partner with University Medical Center, LSU and Tulane Medical Schools in sponsoring and facilitating the Stop the Bleed Program. It is a national campaign developed by the American College of Surgeons to teach adults and children life-saving techniques in a bleeding emergency.
- TAHA Ali-Gandhi Foundation Program – "Connect the dots" This program assist patients in navigating their care, facilitating access and removing operational hurdles to obtain treatment and medications. Motto: Healthcare access and healthcare navigation delayed is healthcare denied!
- Trauma Recovery Fund – Promotes healing and resilience among trauma survivors in our community by addressing their unique and complex behavioral health needs.