Make your impact and DONATE today to help a specific program. Your restricted gift provides reassurance that your support will be utilized only for that area of interest to you.
- Bariatric Program – Funding supports the programs and services of the multi-disciplinary team dedicated to helping our patients achieve their weight loss goals.
- Burn Center – This fund advances burn care in our community and region through burn related program development, including survivor care, outreach, education, burn research & conferences, and enhancement of the patient experience at UMCNO.
- Cancer Center - The Cancer Center provides patients with a single location for clinic visits, treatment planning, surgical needs, chemotherapy infusion, and radiation oncology services offering a comprehensive approach to their cancer care.
- Forensics Program – Funding helps assist survivors of sexual assault and violence in New Orleans by providing 24/7 trauma informed care in a safe environment after an assault.
- General Foundation Fund – Unrestricted funds that the Foundation utilizes for the area of greatest need within its outreach, programs and services at UMCNO.
- HIV Outpatient Program - Assists in the development and enrichment of care provided for people living with HIV by supporting patient needs that are essential to their care, engagement or retention at UMCNO.
- Medication Bridge Program - Donations purchase prescriptions, nutritional supplements, treatment supplies, respiratory equipment, durable medical supplies and transportation to and from clinic/treatment appointments for UMCNO patients that meet financial assistance requirements and social worker approval.
- Medical Research - These funds are available to LSU and Tulane Medical Schools to facilitate research that directly benefits our UMCNO patients. See requirements and guidelines.
- Palliative Medicine – These funds aid in providing a comprehensive approach to improving the quality of life for people who are living with serious illnesses. Our team of doctors, social workers, and therapists will work collaboratively with a patient’s entire medical team and their families to provide medical, emotional and social support needed to cope with serious illness.
- Resident Education & Development -This program offers strong educational initiatives that directly impact UMCNO patient care while physicians in training from LSU and Tulane Medical Schools are positively impacted.
- Saints Fans Being Saints - Donations entertain the children of not only families affected by ALS, but also children with immediate family members that have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness or have succumbed to crisis or hardship. The purpose is to put a smile on the face of a child as their family member(s) undergoing adversity.
- Stop the Bleed - The Spirit of Charity Foundation is proud to partner with UMCNO, LSU and Tulane Medical Schools in sponsoring and facilitating the Stop the Bleed Program. It is a national campaign developed by the American College of Surgeons to teach adults and children life-saving techniques in a bleeding emergency.