Make your impact and DONATE today to our General Foundation Fund or to help a specific program. Your restricted gift provides reassurance that your support will be utilized only for that area of interest to you.
- Bariatric Program – Funding supports the programs and services of the multi-disciplinary team dedicated to helping our patients achieve their weight loss goals.
- Burn Center – This fund advances burn care in our community and region through burn related program development, including survivor care, outreach, education, burn research & conferences, and enhancement of the patient experience at UMCNO.
- Cancer Center – The Cancer Center provides patients with a single location for clinic visits, treatment planning, surgical needs, chemotherapy infusion, and radiation oncology services offering a comprehensive approach to their cancer care.
- Forensics Program – Funding helps assist survivors of sexual assault and violence in New Orleans by providing 24/7 trauma informed care in a safe environment after an assault.
- General Foundation Fund – Unrestricted funds that the Foundation utilizes for the area of greatest need within its outreach, programs and services at UMCNO.
- HIV Outpatient Program – Assists in the development and enrichment of care provided for people living with HIV by supporting patient needs that are essential to their care, engagement or retention at UMCNO.
- Homeless Consult Service – Provides vital support for homeless patients as they transition from inpatient care to a shelter, home or other living situations with items needed for daily subsistence and success.
- Medication Bridge Program – Donations purchase prescriptions, nutritional supplements, treatment supplies, respiratory equipment, durable medical supplies and transportation to and from clinic/treatment appointments for UMCNO patients that meet financial assistance requirements and social worker approval.
- Medical Research – These funds are available to LSU and Tulane Medical Schools to facilitate research that directly benefits our UMCNO patients. See requirements and guidelines.
- Palliative Medicine – These funds aid in providing a comprehensive approach to improving the quality of life for people who are living with serious illnesses. Our team of doctors, social workers, and therapists will work collaboratively with a patient’s entire medical team and their families to provide medical, emotional and social support needed to cope with serious illness.
- Resident Education & Development – This program offers strong educational initiatives that directly impact UMCNO patient care while physicians in training from LSU and Tulane Medical Schools are positively impacted.
- Saints Fans Being Saints – Donations entertain the children of not only families affected by ALS, but also children with immediate family members that have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness or have succumbed to crisis or hardship. The purpose is to put a smile on the face of a child as their family member is undergoing adversity.
- Spiritual Care – Our team provides spiritual and emotional support to patients and their loved ones, as well as our hospital employees and volunteers as they cope with the emotional and spiritual impact of illness, injury, or crisis.
- Stop the Bleed – The Spirit of Charity Foundation is proud to partner with UMCNO, LSU and Tulane Medical Schools in sponsoring and facilitating the Stop the Bleed Program. It is a national campaign developed by the American College of Surgeons to teach adults and children life-saving techniques in a bleeding emergency.
- TAHA Ali-Gandhi Foundation Program – "Connect the dots" This program assist patients in navigating their care, facilitating access and removing operational hurdles to obtain treatment and medications. Motto: Healthcare access and healthcare navigation delayed is healthcare denied!
- Trauma Recovery Team Fund – Promotes healing and resilience among trauma survivors in our community by addressing their unique and complex behavioral health needs.