Thanks for taking the time to support your loved one’s care and recovery. University Medical Center welcomes visitors because they are important to patient healing.
General Patient Care & Critical Care Units
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, restricted visitation and new visiting hours are in place.
- Visiting hours are 10 am – 6 pm
- One family member is allowed to visit
- Visitors must be 18 years or older
- Patients who are admitted to the hospital through One Day Stay or the Emergency Department and are going to surgery that day may have one overnight visitor for one night only
- There will be no in room visitation for COVID-19 positive patients unless their visitation is approved under University Medical Center's End of Life Visitation COVID-19 Guidelines
- All visitors must enter through University Medical Center's Tulane Avenue entrance
Contact these numbers for additional information:
BURN CENTER 504.702.4527
Behavioral health unit
- There is no Behaviorial Health visitation during this time
Limitations on hospital visitation
A justified clinical restriction on a patient’s visitation rights may include, but need not be limited to one or more of the following:
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- Behavior that may cause a risk or threat to the patient, staff or others.
- Disruptive behavior
- The need to limit the number of visitors at any one time
- Infection risks
- Restrictions because of an infectious disease outbreak
- Substance abuse treatment protocols Patient’s need for privacy or rest
- when the health care provider believes it is in the best interest of the patient to limit visitation during the clinical intervention or procedure.
For more in-depth information regarding visitor guidelines, click here.