Built to inspire and heal
Designed to support a healing environment, UMC’s attractive and functional attributes put patient experience and outcomes first.
Our hospital is designed with:
- Rich colors and modern design throughout the hospital to create a comforting and healing atmosphere
- Patient rooms that feature large windows, offering those seeking treatment (and their visitors) natural light and scenic views of the city
- Hospital walls that feature filigree patterns, resembling classic New Orleans design and architecture
- Hospital grounds that feature a serene reflecting pool and vibrant landscaping
- Behavioral health rooms that are equipped with color-adjusting lighting for mood support
ATMs are available for patients, visitors and staff in several locations throughout the UMCcampus.
- First floor: Corridor across from PJ’s Coffee (near Patient Tower 3) and the lobby information desk (near Patient Tower 1)
- Second floor: Emergency Department waiting area (next to Triage 6)
- First floor: Near the Walgreens Outpatient Pharmacy
Rudiger's Gift Shop & Boutique is located on the first floor of the Hospital near Patient Tower 1. Rudiger's offers a wide variety of items, including toiletries, greeting cards, candles, candy and gum, trendy clothes, purses and jewelry. The store features a dressing room and complimentary gift wrapping.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., and weekends 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
There are vending machines in three locations on our campus.
- First floor, cafe area
- First floor, cafeteria area
- Second floor, near the Emergency Department looking over the Atrium
Wi-Fi internet access
UMC has a guest Wi-Fi system for our patients and their family members.
To gain access from your mobile device, please:
- Select UMCGuest in your Wi-Fi connection options
- Open your web browser and click
- “Accept” on the disclaimer screen