What is Family Medicine?
Family Medicine is for patients of all ages and health conditions. We provide comprehensive primary care and appreciate, regular check-ins with your doctor to make sure things like your blood pressure and weight are where they should be, and to keep you up-to-date on screenings and shots.
Appointments with a family medicine doctor helps keep you and your family on track for long-term health and helps flag and, hopefully, avoid serious health issues.
Call 504.962.6363 to schedule an appointment
What we treatWe provide all kinds of wellness and prevention but also treat diseases including:
- Infectious diseases (such as upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, wound and skin infections)
- Throat infections
- Joint infections
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Back pain
- Substance abuse
- Mental illness (such as depression, anxiety and dementia)
- Annual exams for all ages (neonate to elderly)
- Preventive services
- Routine office visits
- Annual health assessment for children
- Annual well-woman exams
- Prenatal care for 32 weeks in collaboration with Obstetrician
- Immunizations & Flu shots
- Sports physicals
- Consultation and personalized coaching for weight loss, smoking cessation, stress management
- Chronic disease management for hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, osteoporosis, other chronic conditions
- Referrals to subspecialists
- Primary care counseling
- Initial assessment for infertility, marital and family issues, mental health issues, sexual dysfunction
- Urgent care (same -day or next-day care for acute problems including assessment & treatment of minor wounds, injuries, & acute illnesses)
- Joint injections
- Removal of minor lesions, skin tags, moles, and warts
- Biopsies of suspicious skin lesions
Where we’re located
Family Medicine Clinic at University Medical Center
2000 Canal St. (ACB, Suite 2B)
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Make an appointment
Call 504.962.6363 to schedule an appointment at the Family Medicine Clinic at UMC.