Comprehensive wound care for New Orleans patients
Our highly specialized team of physicians, nurses, and clinical support staff is available to treat your wounds of any duration and location on the body. Each patient is evaluated on an individual basis by a doctor who specializes in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine or General Surgery. On every visit, we tailor the treatment to your wound and its appearance. Wound healing, preservation of tissue, and prevention of amputation are our major goals.
To make an appointment, call the University Medical Center scheduling office at 504.702.5700.
- Specialty dressings
- Topical antibiotics
- Enzymatic treatments
- Compression treatment
- Weight off-loading sandals
- Antifungal treatments
- Peripheral vascular disease evaluation in conjunction with Vascular Surgery, Cardiology and Interventional Radiology
- Tendon lengthening and release of foot contractures/deformities through Orthopedic consultants.
We also offer advanced treatments found in very few other wound care centers, including:
- Total contact casting
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Custom orthotic fabrication through University Medical Center’s Physical Therapy Department
We accept referrals for all wounds (acute, subacute, and chronic), regardless of etiology, and ostomy care. Patients are evaluated by one of the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Staff, and a treatment plan devised that is customized for every patient.
To achieve the best results for each patient, the Wound Care team of physicians works closely with all of the other medical specialties.
These include physicians specializing in:
- Infectious disease
- General surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Interventional radiology
- Oral surgery
- Internal medicine
- Physical therapy